Jump to Main Content
- Schipper, Louis; Petrie, Olivia; O’Neill, Tanya; Mudge, Paul; Liáng, Liyin; Robinson, Jasmine; Arcus, Vickery
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 pp. 106620
- land management, etc ; biodegradability; carbon; cell respiration; desorption; food production; greenhouse gases; irrigated soils; irrigation; microbial activity; microorganisms; pastures; photosynthesis; soil carbon; soil respiration; soil water; solubilization; sorption; summer; temperature; water content; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Land management practices that increase food production are needed to match demand from a growing global population. Adoption of these practices needs to be balanced by potential adverse consequences such as nutrient losses and production of greenhouse gases. We previously demonstrated that pasture soils irrigated during summer-dry conditions had significantly less soil carbon than adjacent unirri ...
- da Luz, Felipe Bonini; da Silva, Vanderlei Rodrigues; Kochem Mallmann, Fábio Joel; Bonini Pires, Carlos Augusto; Debiasi, Henrique; Franchini, Julio Cezar; Cherubin, Maurício Roberto
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.281 pp. 100-110
- sustainable land management, etc ; Arenosols; Ferralsols; best management practices; biodiversity; bulk density; clay; climate change; climatic factors; crop production; cropping systems; decision making; energy; guidelines; indigenous species; integrated agricultural systems; land use; monitoring; no-tillage; pH; pastures; phosphorus; potassium; sandy loam soils; soil compaction; soil organic carbon; soil quality; soil sampling; sugarcane; Brazil; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Assessment and monitoring impacts of agricultural systems on soil quality are imperative to establish best management practices and sustainable land use for mitigating climate change, conserving biodiversity and achieving food and energy security. The SMAF has successfully been tested as an objective tool to quantify land use and management effects on soil quality, including under some Brazilian s ...