Jump to Main Content
- Limb, Ryan F.; Hovick, Torre J.; Norland, Jack E.; Volk, Jay M.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2018 v.257 pp. 113-119
- land management, etc ; ecosystems; grazing intensity; herbivores; landscapes; mixed-grass prairies; pastures; plant communities; rangelands; soil types; species diversity; summer; topography; wildlife; North Dakota; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Heterogeneity is a critical driver in rangeland ecosystems and can be used to direct and quantify management success across landscapes. Plant community dynamics and patterns are frequently examined in relation to herbivory, but most patterns are discussed either in a single dimension, or across species, but at small spatial scales within individual communities. Therefore, we designed a study to me ...
- Gramlich, Anja; Stoll, Sebastian; Stamm, Christian; Walter, Thomas; Prasuhn, Volker
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2018 v.266 pp. 84-99
- land management, etc ; arable soils; biogeochemical cycles; case studies; drainage channels; drained conditions; greenhouse gas emissions; intensive farming; landscapes; nitrogen; organic soils; pastures; pesticides; phosphorus; plant protection; rain; risk assessment; risk reduction; soil properties; subsurface drainage; surface drainage; temperate zones; topography; Europe; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Agricultural intensification has led to a large increase in drained arable land and pastures worldwide over the last two centuries. The installation of land drains not only affects the water balance of a landscape, but also influences the susceptibility to erosion, nutrient cycling, transport of plant protection products (PPPs) and greenhouse gas emissions. Due to the complex nature of environment ...