Jump to Main Content
- Perronne, Rémi; Makowski, David; Goffaux, Robin; Montalent, Pierre; Goldringer, Isabelle
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2017 v.236 pp. 12-20
- agricultural land; agroecosystems; breeding; climate; data collection; disease outbreaks; farmers; genetic similarity; genetic variation; landscapes; pathogens; pests; temporal variation; wheat; France
- ... An in-depth analysis of the spatio-temporal evolution of crop diversity in agricultural landscapes is necessary to provide insights on how to improve the resilience of agroecosystems to climate instability and new pest pressures by increasing in situ crop diversity, while promoting a greater sustainability of agriculture. However, most of the indicators of crop diversity used in previous studies w ...
- van der Laan, M.; Bristow, K.L.; Stirzaker, R.J.; Annandale, J.G.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2017 v.236 pp. 108-119
- Internet; acidification; adaptive management; agricultural industry; agroecosystems; agronomy; crop production; ecotoxicology; environmental impact; eutrophication; farmers; food production; food security; freshwater; greenhouse gas emissions; irrigation; land use change; learning; nonrenewable resources; production technology; psychology; rivers; sociology; soil degradation; soil profiles; stakeholders; subsistence farming; sustainable agriculture; watersheds; South Africa
- ... Food production comes at an ecological cost, and the lack of sustainability of South Africa’s crop production systems is becoming increasingly worrisome. While small scale emerging and homestead subsistence farming are significant in the agricultural sector, food production is dominated by large scale commercial agriculture. In this paper we analyse the ecological impact of South African commercia ...