Jump to Main Content
- Motzke, Iris; Klein, Alexandra-Maria; Saleh, Shahabuddin; Wanger, Thomas C.; Tscharntke, Teja
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2016 v.223 pp. 144-151
- solitary bees, etc ; Apoidea; crop management; crop yield; cucumbers; farmers; flowers; forests; habitat conservation; habitats; home gardens; income; landscapes; pollination; pollinators; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Pollinator populations respond to environmental changes operating on different spatial scales, but the contribution of scale-dependent habitat management to crop pollination and yield-gap reduction is little understood. Here, we analyze how bee abundance and their effects on cucumber production in tropical homegardens is driven by factors measured on three spatial scales; the (1) homegarden scale ...
- Woodcock, B.A; Bullock, J.M; McCracken, M.; Chapman, R.E; Ball, S.L; Edwards, M.E; Nowakowski, M.; Pywell, R.F
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2016 v.231 pp. 15-23
- solitary bees, etc ; Bombus; Brassica napus; Diptera; Rhopalosiphum padi; biodiversity; crop yield; crops; ecosystem services; edge effects; flowers; grasses; honey bees; integrated crop management; natural enemies; pest control; pesticides; pollinating insects; pollination; predators; rapeseed; seed set; wheat; wild flowers; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... In order to make agriculture more sustainable it is important to enhance the natural processes supporting crop production, including pollination and pest control. The distance over which these services are delivered into the crop (referred to as spill-over) sets limitations on biodiversity mediated agriculture sustainability. We assess how pest control of aphids on wheat (Rhopalosiphum padi) and p ...