Jump to Main Content
- Athayde, Eduardo A.; Cancian, Leonardo F.; Verdade, Luciano M.; Morellato, Leonor Patrícia C.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2015 v.199 pp. 272-281
- Eucalyptus; agricultural land; agroecosystems; conservation areas; environmental law; farms; functional diversity; georeferencing; indigenous species; inventories; land use; landscapes; phylogeny; species diversity; trees; Brazil
- ... Scattered trees are an important feature of the matrix of agricultural landscapes, but their role in biodiversity conservation is still controversial and largely unexplored. We aim to investigate the value of scattered trees to maintain the functional and phylogenetic diversity within the matrix of an agricultural landscape dominated by commercial Eucalyptus plantation in southeastern Brazil. For ...
- Ramsden, Mark W.; Menéndez, Rosa; Leather, Simon R.; Wäckers, Felix
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2015 v.199 pp. 94-104
- Aphidoidea; agricultural land; agroecosystems; aphidophagous predators; beneficial insects; biological control; crops; ecosystem services; edge effects; farm management; grasses; habitats; natural enemies; nectar; overwintering; parasitoids; pesticides; plant pests; pollen; population dynamics; predators; wheat; United Kingdom
- ... Insect predators and parasitoids act as biological pest control agents in agro-ecosystems, and thus provide valuable ecosystem services. These natural enemies of pest species often need a greater diversity of resources than the crops themselves provide. In intensive farm management the numbers of these beneficial arthropod species may be constrained by a lack of additional prey, floral resources o ...