Jump to Main Content
- Athayde, Eduardo A.; Cancian, Leonardo F.; Verdade, Luciano M.; Morellato, Leonor Patrícia C.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2015 v.199 pp. 272-281
- Eucalyptus; agricultural land; agroecosystems; conservation areas; environmental law; farms; functional diversity; georeferencing; indigenous species; inventories; land use; landscapes; phylogeny; species diversity; trees; Brazil
- ... Scattered trees are an important feature of the matrix of agricultural landscapes, but their role in biodiversity conservation is still controversial and largely unexplored. We aim to investigate the value of scattered trees to maintain the functional and phylogenetic diversity within the matrix of an agricultural landscape dominated by commercial Eucalyptus plantation in southeastern Brazil. For ...
- Goodall, Katherine E.; Bacon, Christopher M.; Mendez, V.Ernesto
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2015 v.199 pp. 200-206
- agroecosystems; canopy; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; epiphytes; farmers; farms; habitats; species diversity; surveys; trees; Nicaragua
- ... Coffee smallholder management practices have received attention for their potential to conserve biodiversity and sequester carbon by maintaining structural complexity, high canopy diversity, and minimal external inputs. We conducted shade tree surveys on 95 1000m2 research plots over a 10-year period to identify patterns of shade tree density and diversity, epiphyte presence, and carbon stocks wit ...