Jump to Main Content
- Lindner, Steve; Otieno, Dennis; Lee, Bora; Xue, Wei; Arnhold, Sebastian; Kwon, Hyojung; Huwe, Bernd; Tenhunen, John
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2015 v.199 pp. 132-145
- rice; beans; primary productivity; soil temperature; radishes; leaf area index; watersheds; carbon; potatoes; seasonal variation; ecosystem respiration; carbon dioxide; cabbage; agroecosystems; air temperature; models; soil water; paddies; biomass; climatic factors; photosynthetically active radiation; landscapes; cropping systems; net ecosystem exchange; Vigna umbellata; diurnal variation; South Korea
- ... The Asian agricultural landscape, which accounts for approximately 12.6% of the world’s agricultural land, is highly heterogeneous due to the multicultural cropping system. Information regarding CO2 exchange and carbon (C) balance of these agro-ecosystems is scarce, even though they are likely to immensely contribute to the global C budget. Net Ecosystem CO2 Exchange (NEE) and Ecosystem respiratio ...
- Athayde, Eduardo A.; Cancian, Leonardo F.; Verdade, Luciano M.; Morellato, Leonor Patrícia C.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2015 v.199 pp. 272-281
- Eucalyptus; agricultural land; agroecosystems; conservation areas; environmental law; farms; functional diversity; georeferencing; indigenous species; inventories; land use; landscapes; phylogeny; species diversity; trees; Brazil
- ... Scattered trees are an important feature of the matrix of agricultural landscapes, but their role in biodiversity conservation is still controversial and largely unexplored. We aim to investigate the value of scattered trees to maintain the functional and phylogenetic diversity within the matrix of an agricultural landscape dominated by commercial Eucalyptus plantation in southeastern Brazil. For ...