Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, Mari-Vaughn V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2010 v.139 no.4 pp. 754
- Bouteloua curtipendula; Bouteloua dactyloides; Cynodon dactylon; Panicum virgatum; Zea mays; carbon sequestration; corn; energy crops; grasses; land use change; microbial activity; microbial communities; soil; soil organic carbon
- ... Microbial and plant communities interact to determine local nutrient cycling rates. As lands are converted to bioenergy crops, including corn and cellulosic grasses, focus has been on changes in soil carbon sequestration. Little attention has been paid to impacts of such land conversion on the activity of belowground communities. We hypothesized that in addition to affecting soil organic carbon (S ...
- Johnson, Mari-Vaughn V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2011 v.141 no.3-4 pp. 461
- biosolids; carbon; carbon dioxide; fertilizer rates; forage production; mineralization; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; nutrient transport; production technology; soil; soil organic carbon
- ... The effects of biosolids application rate and history on soil potential C and N mineralization were measured over a 112-day laboratory incubation. Soils were collected from a large-scale biosolids recycling operation that surface-applies anaerobically digested Class B biosolids for commercial forage production. Five treatments were evaluated: unamended control; 22Mgdrybiosolidsha⁻¹y⁻¹ applied for ...