Jump to Main Content
- Trevisan, Rodrigo Gonçalves; Vilanova Júnior, Natanael Santana; Eitelwein, Mateus Tonini; Molin, José Paulo
- Agriculture 2018 v.8 no.7
- mechanical harvesting, etc ; algorithms; biomass; canopy; cotton; fiber quality; field experimentation; plant growth substances; temporal variation; ultrasonics; variable rate application; vegetative growth; Brazil; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Factors affecting cotton development present spatial and temporal variability. Plant growth regulators (PGR) are used to control vegetative growth, promote higher yields, better fiber quality, and facilitate mechanical harvest. The optimal rate of PGR application depends on crop height, biomass, and growth rate. Thus, the objective of this study was to evaluate optical and ultrasonic crop canopy s ...
- Gramss, Gerhard; Voigt, Klaus-Dieter
- Agriculture 2018 v.8 no.11
- harvesting, etc ; annuals; biomass; carbon sequestration; crossing; exudation; flowering; forage; fruits; grasses; gravimetry; labor; leaching; legumes; lignin content; microbial carbon; minerals; nitrates; oilseeds; perennials; plowing; rhizomes; seedlings; seeds; soil; soil erosion; soil formation; stubble; vegetation cover; water solubility; weeds; winter wheat; Show all 32 Subjects
- ... Crossing annual cereals, legumes, and oilseeds with wild rhizomatous relatives is used to create perennial lines that fruit over 2–3 seasons. Contrary to annual crops, the year-round vegetation cover should contribute to carbon sequestration, soil formation, and root mineral preservation. Soil erosion, nutrient leaching, and labor expenses may be reduced. While deep-rooted grasses actually i ...