Jump to Main Content
- Uphoff, Norman
- Agriculture & food security 2012 v.1 no.1 pp. 28
- food security, etc ; soil ecology; microbiology; crop production; epigenetics; income; energy; food shortages; plant breeding; millets; farmers; wheat; nutrition; climate change; arable soils; sugarcane; energy costs; nutrients; technology; crops; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The Green Revolution was accomplished under a set of demographic, economic, climatic and other conditions in the 20th century that have been changing and will surely be different and more difficult in the decades ahead. The suitability and sustainability of any given agricultural technology depends on factors like resource availability and productivity, energy costs, and environmental constraints. ...
- Sasson, Albert
- Agriculture & food security 2012 v.1 no.1 pp. 2
- food security, etc ; Food and Agriculture Organization; adolescents; children; climate change; farmers; farming systems; food prices; food production; hunger; malnutrition; nutritive value; politics; poverty; rural communities; starvation; sustainable agriculture; trade; weather; women; Eastern Africa; Madagascar; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... In 2012, food insecurity is still a major global concern as 1 billion people are suffering from starvation, under-, and malnutrition, and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has concluded that we are still far from reaching millennium development goal (MDG) number 1: to halve extreme poverty and hunger by 2015. In sub-Saharan Africa, the number of people suffering fro ...