Jump to Main Content
- Uphoff, Norman
- Agriculture & food security 2012 v.1 no.1 pp. 28
- food security, etc ; soil ecology; microbiology; crop production; epigenetics; income; energy; food shortages; plant breeding; millets; farmers; wheat; nutrition; climate change; arable soils; sugarcane; energy costs; nutrients; technology; crops; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The Green Revolution was accomplished under a set of demographic, economic, climatic and other conditions in the 20th century that have been changing and will surely be different and more difficult in the decades ahead. The suitability and sustainability of any given agricultural technology depends on factors like resource availability and productivity, energy costs, and environmental constraints. ...
- Mabeya, Justin; Ezezika, Obidimma C
- Agriculture & food security 2012 v.1 no.Supplement 1 pp. 19
- food security, etc ; Bacillus thuringiensis; agricultural biotechnology; case studies; corn; crop production; farmers; genetic engineering; insects; intellectual property rights; interviews; ownership; pest resistance; private sector; public sector; stakeholders; transgenic plants; Kenya; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Maize is the most important staple food in Kenya; any reduction in production and yield therefore often becomes a national food security concern. To address the challenge posed by the maize stem borer, the Insect Resistant Maize for Africa (IRMA) agricultural biotechnology public-private partnership (PPP) project was launched in 1999. There were, however, pre-existing concerns regardin ...