Jump to Main Content
- Canfora, Irene
- Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia 2016 v.8 pp. 402-407
- food supply chain, etc ; European Union; biodiversity; carbon dioxide; food chain; greenhouse gas emissions; laws and regulations; markets; supply chain; sustainable agriculture; transportation; urban agriculture; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Short supply chain, as legally defined by Reg. 1305/13, is able to reach goals of “sustainable agriculture”, through the reduction of transportation costs and consequently of CO2 emissions. In addition, it promotes biodiversity and implements periurban agriculture. The interest for short food chain is growing in EU and in national legislations, considering its role in achieving environmental goals ...
- Arcieri, Margherita
- Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia 2016 v.8 pp. 552-559
- food supply chain, etc ; biofuels; biotechnology; business enterprises; climate change; corporations; energy; food availability; food chain; food security; forage; genes; genetic engineering; genetically modified organisms; growers; herbicides; livestock feeds; meat; milk; patents; pharmaceutical industry; plant breeding; plant protection; politics; poverty; prices; raw materials; risk; scientists; stakeholders; world markets; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Genetic engineering is a technique that allows to detect, isolate, multiply and transplant specific genes in another living organism. The introduction of genes in another living organism or other species is a process unstable and insecure with side effects and consequences difficult to predict on the recipient genome and interaction with the surrounding environment.The main proponent are big busin ...