Jump to Main Content
- Pantera, A.; Burgess, P. J.; Mosquera Losada, R.; Moreno, G.; López-Díaz, M. L.; Corroyer, N.; McAdam, J.; Rosati, A.; Papadopoulos, A. M.; Graves, A.; Rigueiro Rodríguez, A.; Ferreiro-Domínguez, N.; Fernández Lorenzo, J. L.; González-Hernández, M. P.; Papanastasis, V. P.; Mantzanas, K.; Van Lerberghe, P.; Malignier, N.
- Agroforestry systems 2018 v.92 no.4 pp. 945-959
- Castanea; agroforestry; apples; barley; case studies; chickpeas; crops; economic valuation; ecosystem services; farmers; financial economics; fruits; grasses; grazing; groves; habitats; income; intercropping; livestock and meat industry; mowing; mushrooms; olives; oranges; orchards; pastures; sheep; socioeconomics; swine; trees; understory; walnuts; woodlands; France; Greece; Italy; Spain; United Kingdom
- ... Most farm-based agroforestry projects focus on the integration of trees on arable or livestock enterprises. This paper focuses on the integration of understorey crops and/or livestock within high value tree systems (e.g., apple orchards, olive groves, chestnut woodlands, and walnut plantations), and describes the components, structure, ecosystem services and economic value of ten case studies of t ...
- Nati, Carla; Montorselli, Niccolò Brachetti; Olmi, Roberto
- Agroforestry systems 2018 v.92 no.5 pp. 1129-1143
- Castanea; agroforestry; biomass production; branches; case studies; cleaning; energy; human nutrition; landscapes; orchards; pruning; transportation; trees; wood; wood chips; Southern European region
- ... Sweet chestnut has been for many centuries essential to human diet in large areas of Southern Europe. Its cultivation was abandoned in the last century, but is at present under restoration for socioeconomic reasons, representing also an opportunity for allocating woody residues to the energy sector. A little is known from the literature about sweet chestnut pruning, and the aim of the study was to ...