Jump to Main Content
- Varella, A. C.; Moot, D. J.; Pollock, K. M.; Peri, P. L.; Lucas, R. J.
- Agroforestry systems 2011 v.81 no.2 pp. 157-173
- Medicago sativa; alfalfa; shade; experimental design; light intensity; photoperiod; spatial variation; plant growth; Pinus radiata; forest trees; red light; far-red light; light quality; temporal variation; pastures; stems; internodes; dry matter accumulation; yields
- ... Shade cloth is commonly used in agroforestry research. It produces a continuous, uniform reduced light environment. Shade cloth and a slatted structure were compared in relation to the inability to represent the light regime and plant responses of an agroforestry system. The split-split-plot randomised block experiment had main plots as covering status (with or without radiata pine trees), subplot ...
- Liu, J. L.; Wang, Y. G.; Yang, X. H.; Wang, B. F.
- Agroforestry systems 2011 v.81 no.2 pp. 135-146
- Haloxylon ammodendron; xerophytes; deserts; shrubs; conservation plants; geographical variation; seeds; seedlings; provenance; shape; seed germination; weight; mortality; internodes; branches; photosynthesis; diameter; seedling growth; vigor; dry matter partitioning; climatic factors; air temperature; relative humidity; China
- ... China is one of the countries most severely affected by desertification. Haloxylon ammodendron is an ecologically important component of the desert ecosystem and is one of the main shrub species used for ecological restoration. We compared the genetic variation in seed and seedling traits among six H. ammodendron provenances arrayed from east to west in China. The experiment was carried out in a g ...