Jump to Main Content
- Dhakal, Arun; Cockfield, Geoff; Maraseni, Tek Narayan
- Agroforestry systems 2012 v.86 no.1 pp. 17-33
- agroforestry; extension programs; farm inputs; farm labor; farm size; focus groups; forest trees; forests; fruit crops; labor force; land use change; species diversity; vegetable crops; Nepal
- ... This paper examines how agroforestry-based farming systems evolved in the Dhanusha district of Nepal following the conversion of forest into agriculture during the early 1950s. Some data are from two focus group discussions with agroforestry farmers and one meeting with agroforestry experts. The farmersâ discussion traced the development of farming practices from 1950 to 2010 to identify the dri ...
- Alessandro, Paletto; Marta, Chincarini
- Agroforestry systems 2012 v.86 no.1 pp. 83-93
- animals; canopy; carbon sequestration; case studies; ecological function; ecosystem services; food production; forest inventory; forest trees; forests; fuelwood; habitat conservation; introduced species; landscapes; national forests; railroads; rivers; roads; soil erosion; soil quality; species diversity; timber production; woodlands; Italy
- ... Trees outside forests (TOF) are important elements of the landscape and they supply goods and environmental services such as commercial production of timber and fibre, domestic production of food and firewood, carbon sequestration, conservation of habitats and species (plants and animals), erosion control and soil and water quality improvement. TOF include different types of landscape elements: sm ...