Jump to Main Content
- Negash, Mesele; Starr, Mike; Kanninen, Markku
- Agroforestry systems 2013 v.87 no.3 pp. 571-581
- food plants, etc ; Ensete; agroforestry; altitude; bananas; belowground biomass; biomass production; carbon sequestration; corms; equations; foods; harvesting; herbaceous plants; leaves; model validation; models; organic matter; statistics; valleys; wild plants; Asia; Ethiopia; Madagascar; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Enset (Ensete ventricosum), commonly known as false banana, is a large thick, single-stemmed, perennial herbaceous banana-like plant growing in the wild of sub-Sahara Africa, Madagascar and parts of Asia. In Ethiopia it has been domesticated and serves as a food plant. While the productivity and management of enset for food (pseudostem and corm) has been studied, little attention has been given to ...
- Blair, B. C.
- Agroforestry systems 1998 v.40 no.1 pp. 19-27
- food plants, etc ; alley cropping; crop yield; green manures; models; perennials; pruning; trees; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... This paper presents the Alley Farming Index (AFI), a modification of the replacement value of the intercrop (RVI) index. The RVI index is used to assist in determining the ecological and economic benefits of a polyculture system and is potentially useful in intercropping situations where only annual crops are utilized. Alley farming is a modification of the alley cropping system where food crops a ...