Jump to Main Content
- Bahamonde, Héctor A.; Peri, P. L.; Alvarez, R.; Barneix, A.; Moretto, A.; Martínez Pastur, G.
- Agroforestry systems 2012 v.84 no.3 pp. 345-360
- Argentina, etc ; Nothofagus; environmental factors; forests; grasses; leaves; mineralization; nutrients; organic matter; tree release; trees; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The role of environmental variables on litter decomposition and its nutrient release in Nothofagus antarctica forest in Patagonia is poorly understood. Moreover, in these forests under silvopastoral use there are few antecedents. Litter decomposition and nutrient release of grasses and tree leaves were evaluated under different crown cover and two site quality stands during 480 days. Organic matte ...
- Gargaglione, Verónica; Peri, Pablo L.; Rubio, Gerardo
- Agroforestry systems 2014 v.88 no.5 pp. 779-790
- Argentina, etc ; Nothofagus; absorption; branches; environmental factors; fine roots; forage; forests; grasses; growing season; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; sapwood; silvopastoral systems; soil; soil microorganisms; spring; trees; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Nothofagus antarctica forests in south Patagonia are usually used as silvopastoral systems but how grasses and trees compete for specific resources, such as nitrogen in these systems is unknown. To understand interactions between grasses and N. antarctica trees for N, an experiment with¹⁵N labeled fertilizer was carried out comparing N absorption by grasses growing under trees (silvopastoral syste ...