Jump to Main Content
- Mikha, Maysoon M.; Stahlman, Phillip W.; Benjamin, Joseph G.; Geier, Patrick W.
- Agronomy journal 2014 v.106 no.1 pp. 261
- Avena sativa; Haplustolls; Panicum miliaceum subsp. miliaceum; Sorghum bicolor; Triticum aestivum; acid soils; application rate; cattle manure; conventional tillage; crop rotation; eroded soils; fertilizers; grain sorghum; grain yield; leaching; manure spreading; nitrogen; no-tillage; oats; remediation; risk; silt loam soils; soil profiles; urea; winter wheat; Kansas
- ... The response of manure applications on calcareous eroded soils in the western United States is unlike the responses observed on acid soils in the eastern United States. The objectives of this study were to restore the productivity and evaluate N loss of eroded land influenced by tillage practices, N sources, and N rates. The study was initiated in 2006 on an Armo silt loam (fine-loamy, mixed, mesi ...
- Mikha, Maysoon M.; Benjamin, Joseph G.; Stahlman, Phillip W.; Geier, Patrick W.
- Agronomy journal 2014 v.106 no.1 pp. 252
- Haplustolls; acid soils; cattle manure; conventional tillage; eroded soils; fertilizer rates; nitrogen fertilizers; no-tillage; phosphorus; remediation; silt; silt loam soils; soil nutrient dynamics; soil organic carbon; soil pH; soil sampling; spring; urea; Kansas
- ... Nutrient dynamics in the calcareous eroded soils of the western United States may react differently than the acid soils in the eastern United States. The objectives of this study were to evaluate the impact of tillage practices and N treatments on changes in soil nutrient constituents. The eroded study was initiated in 2006 at the Agriculture Research Center, Hays, KS, on an Armo silt loam (fine-l ...