Jump to Main Content
- Dutta, R.; Stein, A.; Smaling, E.M.A.; Bhagat, R.M.; Hazarika, M.
- Agronomy journal 2010 v.102 no.4 pp. 1290-1301
- NPK fertilizers, etc ; Camellia sinensis; tea; crop yield; plant age; crop management; environmental factors; rain; soil pH; soil organic carbon; pruning; fertilizer rates; genotype; genetic variation; spatial variation; nitrogen; India; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In this study, we quantify the effect of plant age and environmental (rainfall, pH, and soil organic carbon) and management (NPK fertilizers and pruning) factors that influence tea (Camellia sinensis) yields. The motivation for the study is that, recently, tea yield has stagnated in Northeastern India. We applied a statistical analysis on the agronomical factors influencing yield at the estate lev ...
- Zhao, Bing-qiang; Li, Xiu-ying; Li, Xiao-ping; Shi, Xiao-jun; Huang, Shao-min; Wang, Bo-ren; Zhu, Ping; Yang, Xue-yun; Liu, Hua; Chen, Yi; Poulton, Paul; Powlson, David; Todd, Alan; Payne, Roger
- Agronomy journal 2010 v.102 no.1 pp. 216-230
- NPK fertilizers, etc ; on-farm research; long term experiments; field experimentation; sustainable agriculture; agricultural land; agroecosystems; double cropping; Triticum aestivum; wheat; Zea mays; corn; Oryza sativa; rice; grain crops; crop rotation; potassium; nitrogen; phosphorus; irrigation water; soil acidification; grain yield; temporal variation; China; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Results are summarized for the first 15 yr of an eight-site, long-term experimental network in China designed to assess the sustainability of cropping systems in environments representing 70% of Chinese cropland. Systems were wheat–maize double cropping (two crops per year) at four sites, wheat–rice double cropping, rice-based triple cropping, and wheat or maize single cropping. Without fertilizer ...