Jump to Main Content
- Adeli, A.; Shankle, M.W.; Tewolde, H.; Sistani, K.R.; Rowe, D.E.
- Agronomy journal 2008 v.100 no.3 pp. 564
- NPK fertilizers, etc ; Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; no-tillage; poultry manure; organic fertilizers; nutrient availability; agricultural runoff; volatilization; soil movement; nutrient uptake; fertilizer rates; carbon sequestration; soil fertility; highlands; Mississippi; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Applying broiler litter to the soil surface of a no-till field of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) increases the potential loss of its nutrients via runoff and volatilization. An experiment was conducted over 3 yr on an upland Atwood silt loam soil (fine-silty, mixed, semiactive, thermic Typic Paleudalfs) near Pontotoc, MS, to determine the effect of broiler litter incorporation into the surface soi ...
- Kapoor, V.; Singh, U.; Patil, S.K.; Magre, H.; Shrivastava, L.K.; Mishra, V.N.; Das, R.O.; Samadhiya, V.K.; Sanabria, J.; Diamond, R.
- Agronomy journal 2008 v.100 no.3 pp. 526-536
- NPK fertilizers, etc ; Oryza sativa; rice; plant growth; grain yield; plant nutrition; agricultural runoff; surface water; water quality; leaching; dryland farming; nutrient use efficiency; environmental impact; soil treatment; soil depth; briquettes; urea; ammonium nitrogen; superphosphate; rice straw; nutrient uptake; plant density; India; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The loss of major nutrients can be high in rice (Oryza sativa L.) fields, particularly rainfed rice, where water flowing from field to field during periods of high rainfall not only reduces the nutrient use efficiencies but also has the potential for environmental degradation. We examined the influence of deep point placement of N, P, and K briquettes compared to broadcast incorporation of N, P, a ...