Jump to Main Content
- Clawson, K. L.; Jackson, R. D.; Pinter, P. J.
- Agronomy journal 1989 v.81 no.6 pp. 858
- crops; water stress; estimation; mathematical models; canopy; temperature; air temperature; solar radiation; vapor pressure; water vapor
- ... The temperature stress day (TSD) has been used as a remotely sensed indicator of plant water stress without a thorough knowledge of TSD behavior. The purpose of this study was to demonstrate a dependence of the TSD on net radiation (), air temperature (), and atmospheric water vapor pressure deficit (VPD), and to evaluate a replacement water status index. The dependence on these parameters was pro ...
- Sadler, E. J.; Busscher, W. J.
- Agronomy journal 1989 v.81 no.6 pp. 930
- rain; rain gauges; duration; research methods
- ... High rainfall rates have a major impact on agriculture through runoff, erosion, and surface crusting and on other industries through sedimentation, failure of dams, and attenuation of radio waves. Traditional techniques used to measure and record rainfall have produced event totals or hourly rates. These are unsuitable for studying short-term impacts in brief storms (e.g., 27 mm in 30 min). The ob ...