Jump to Main Content
- Gabrielsen, B. C.; Smith, D. H.; Townsend, C. E.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 416-422
- Astragalus cicer; Medicago sativa; harvest date; forage crops; yields; protein composition; Colorado
- ... Cicer milkvetch (Astragalus cicer L.) is a promising forage legume, but little is known about its response to cutting. A 2-year study was conducted at Fort Collins, CO, on a Nunn clay loam (fine, montmorillonitic, mesic Aridic Argiustoll) soil to compare yield, quality, and trends in carbohydrate reserves of cicer milkvetch and alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) in response to annual three- and four-cut ...
- Barbarick, K. A.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 442-445
- Medicago sativa; cultivars; potassium fertilizers; Colorado
- ... Most Colorado soils contain adequate levels of plant-available K. This study investigated the influence of up to 750 kg K ha⁻¹ on four semidormant varieties of alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) grown on a soil high in K (Nunn clay loam—Aridic Argiustoll) over 4 years. Fertilizer K significantly increased dry matter yield for the first 2 years and significantly increased the total alfalfa yields for the ...