Jump to Main Content
- Snyder, G. H.; Kretschmer, A. E.; Alvarez, J.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 427-432
- acid soils; Aeschynomene americana; Desmodium; liming; Macroptilium atropurpureum; pastures; superphosphate; yields; Florida
- ... Numerous potential benefits have been cited for the inclusion of tropical legumes in pastures, but few commercial successes have been realized. Information is needed on even the most basic aspects of tropical legume culture. The study herein was designed to determine rates of lime and P for maximum yield of three tropical legumes, and to estimate the rates resulting in maximum economic return unde ...
- Soileau, John M.; Bradford, B. N.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 471-475
- Sorghum bicolor; acid soils; fertilizers; liming; yields; biomass; sugars; energy crops; Alabama
- ... Soil fertility requirements for sweet sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench] as an alcohol fuel crop have not been well defined. The primary objective of this study was to determine the biomass and sugar (% Brix ✕ extracted juice) yield response of sweet sorghum to N-P-K and lime. The study was conducted for 2 years on a Wynnville silt loam (fine-loamy, siliceous, thermic Glossic Fragiudult) soil i ...