Jump to Main Content
- York, A. C.; Tucker, M. R.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 403-406
- coastal plains; fertilizer application; Gossypium hirsutum; nitrification inhibitors; nitrogen; North Carolina
- ... Most cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) in the southeastern USA is grown on sandy soils that are subject to extensive N leaching. Split applications of N are normally utilized to reduce leaching losses. Even with split applications, however, leaching can still subject the crop to periods of N deficiency which can lead to yield reductions. Experiments were conducted at three sites (Typic and Plinthic P ...
- Nicholaides, J. J.; Chancy, H. F.; Mascagni, H. J.; Wilson, L. G.; Eaddy, D. W.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 466-470
- coastal plains; Ipomoea batatas; phosphorus fertilizers; potassium fertilizers; North Carolina
- ... Limited literature is available to provide recommendations of K source and rate and P rate for sweet potato [Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam.] production. Many growers, therefore, continue to use the more expensive sulfate (SO₄) source of K rather than chloride (Cl) and higher than recommended rates of K and P. Accordingly, on-farm experiments were conducted during 3 years on North Carolina Paleudults to ...