Jump to Main Content
- Elliott, George C.; Læuchli, André
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 399-403
- Zea mays; phosphorus fertilizers; iron; absorption; nutrient transport; deficiency diseases; genotype
- ... Genotypic differences in absorption or utilization of P might be exploited to improve efficiency of fertiliir use or to obtain higher productivity on P-deficient soils. Experiments were conducted to determine rates of P absorption, P accumulation, and P utilization in 15 inbred genotypes of maize (Zea mays L.) at 3 P supply levels. Nutrient solution P concentrations were maintained at approximatel ...
- Below, F. E.; Crafts-Brandner, S. J.; Harper, J. E.; Hageman, R. H.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 412-415
- nutrient transport; Zea mays; foliar application; translocation (plant physiology); urea fertilizers; yields; Illinois
- ... Field-grown maize (Zea mays L.) plants (hybrid B73 X Mo17) were sprayed with ¹⁵N-enriched urea to determine recovery and subsequent distribution within the plant. Plants were sprayed with ¹⁵N enriched urea at 7 days pre- (treatment 1) and post-anthesis (treatment 2) to provide a total of 22.3 kg N ha⁻¹ (350 mg N plant⁻¹). Unsprayed plants were used as controls. Plots were located on Flannigan silt ...