Jump to Main Content
- Frederick, J. R.; Marshall, H. G.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 495-499
- tillage; Triticum aestivum; nitrogen fertilizers; row spacing; yields; Pennsylvania
- ... The use of intensive management practices could substantially increase soft red winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L. em Thell.) grain yields in the northeastern USA, but more information is needed about the influence of management factors on components of yield. Our objective was to determine the effects of seeding rate, row spacing, seeding depth, and rate of spring-applied N fertilizer on grain yi ...
- Karlen, D. L.; Camp, C. R.
- Agronomy journal 1985 v.77 no.3 pp. 393
- coastal plains; irrigation; plant density; row spacing; water allocation; Zea mays; South Carolina
- ... Lack of water because of erratic rainfall frequently limits corn (L.) production on Typic Paleudults in the Atlantic Coastal Plain. Traditionally, wide (96 cm) row spacing and low plant population have been used to prevent water stress, but recently landowners have begun to invest in irrigation systems. Changes in row spacing, plant population, or fertilization practices may be required to achieve ...