Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, J.W.; Devine, M.B.; Kleiman, R.; White, G.A.
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 917
- Limnanthes alba; plant nutrition; nitrogen; fertilizer application; ammonium nitrate; application rate; application timing; oilseed crops; oil crops; seeds; yields; protein content; lipid content; plant growth; winter hardiness
- Unger, P.W.
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 914
- Helianthus annuus; planting date; plant growth; plant development; soil temperature; crop yield; sunflower oil; fatty acid composition; linoleic acid; oleic acid; irrigated farming; Texas
- ... In 1975-8 sunflower Hybrid 896 was sown at 2-wk intervals from late March to late July or early Aug. on clay loam. Time from sowing to emergence was influenced by soil temp., and ranged from 19 to 5 days with early to late sowings, resp. The time from sowing to the 50% ray flower stage decreased with delay in sowing, except for the last 4 sowings for which the av. was 59 days. Seed yields were not ...