Jump to Main Content
- Mueller-Warrant, G. W.; Koch, D. W.
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 884-889
- Elymus repens subsp. repens; Haplorthods; Medicago sativa; alfalfa; application timing; discing; energy; forage; forage yield; glyphosate; labor; minimum tillage; mowing; paraquat; pesticide application; plant density; plowing; sandy loam soils; seedlings; sowing; sward
- ... Minimum-tillage establishment of forages offers potential advantages over the conventional method in terms of reducing energy and labor requirements, erosion hazard, and improving flexibility, and timeliness of operation. Our objective was to compare these methods of establishing alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) with various herbicides, time intervals between herbicide application and seeding, and see ...
- Eggens, J. L
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 1061-1063
- Poa pratensis; cultivars; forage; greenhouses; growth chambers; leaf area; leaf blade; leaf length; mowing; rhizomes; rhizosphere; stress response; sward; tillers; turf grasses; vermiculite
- ... Periodic, non−destructive data on the number of leaves, tillers, and emerged rhizomes are basic to the determination of turfgrass response to stress. Although the leaf area of turfgrasses is also markedly affected by stress, it is difficult and time−consuming to obtain without injury to the herbage. To determine if the leaf measurements of a specific leaf of each plant is correlated to the same le ...