Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, J. W.; Devine, M. B.; Kleiman, R.; White, G. A.
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 917
- Limnanthes alba; plant nutrition; nitrogen; fertilizer application; ammonium nitrate; application rate; application timing; oilseed crops; oil crops; seeds; yields; protein content; lipid content; plant growth; winter hardiness
- ... Benth. is a potential oil seed crop with unique long chain fatty acids. Information available on the fertility needs for meadowfoam is scarce. Therefore the effects of rate and time of application of N fertilization on seed yield, seed weight, protein, oil, winter survival, flowering date, plant height, and erectness of meadowfoam were studied in the field for 2 years in Maryland. Nitrogen as ammo ...
- Unger, Paul W.
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 914
- Helianthus annuus; planting date; plant growth; plant development; soil temperature; crop yield; sunflower oil; fatty acid composition; linoleic acid; oleic acid; irrigated farming; Texas
- ... Interest in sunflower (L.) as an oilseed crop has greatly increased in the Southern Great Plains since 1974. To effectively manage sunflower for oil production and oil quality, information is needed concerning the effect of various agronomic practices. The objective of this research was to determine the effect of planting date on growth, yield, oil percent, and oil fatty acid concentration of irri ...