Jump to Main Content
- G. W. Mueller-Warrant; D. W. Koch
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 884-889
- Elymus repens subsp. repens; Haplorthods; Medicago sativa; alfalfa; application timing; discing; energy; forage; forage yield; glyphosate; labor; minimum tillage; mowing; paraquat; pesticide application; plant density; plowing; sandy loam soils; seedlings; sowing; sward
- ... Minimum-tillage establishment of forages offers potential advantages over the conventional method in terms of reducing energy and labor requirements, erosion hazard, and improving flexibility, and timeliness of operation. Our objective was to compare these methods of establishing alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) with various herbicides, time intervals between herbicide application and seeding, and see ...
- J. W. Johnson; M. B. Devine; R. Kleiman; G. A. White
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 917-919
- Limnanthes alba; plant nutrition; nitrogen; fertilizer application; ammonium nitrate; application rate; application timing; oilseed crops; oil crops; seeds; yields; protein content; lipid content; plant growth; winter hardiness
- ... Limnanthes alba Benth. is a potential oil seed crop with unique long chain fatty acids. Information available on the fertility needs for meadowfoam is scarce. Therefore the effects of rate and time of application of N fertilization on seed yield, seed weight, protein, oil, winter survival, flowering date, plant height, and erectness of meadowfoam were studied in the field for 2 years in Maryland. ...