Jump to Main Content
- Collins, Michael; Ferreira, Armando M.; Rohweder, Dwayne A.; Jorgensen, Neal A.
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.6 pp. 889-892
- Zea mays; corn; corn silage; dry matter digestibility; dry matter intake; forage; maturity stage; neutral detergent fiber; nitrogen; rumen fermentation; starch
- ... High starch samples are difficult to filter using the neutral detergent fiber (NDF) method. Additional research is also required to identify the best in vitro dry matter disappearance (IVDMD) technique for prediction of in vivo digestibility of whole-plant corn (Zea mays L.) forage. We designed experiments to compare methods of NDF and IVDMD determination for predicting in vivo intake and digestib ...
- Burnside, O. C.
- Agronomy journal 1980 v.72 no.5 pp. 753-757
- Glycine max; Sorghum bicolor subsp. drummondii; Zea mays; corn; crop yield; farmers; field experimentation; forage; herbicides; silty clay loam soils; soybeans; toxicity; weed control; weeds
- ... Much shattercane [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench] infested land is being rotated from sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench] or corn (Zea mays L.) to soybeans [Glycine max (L.) Merr.] in order to selectively control this weed increaser with herbicides plus cultivation. Some farmers became interested in growing these soybeans in narrow-rows and eliminating cultivation in order to take advantage of high ...