Jump to Main Content
- Schneider, A.D.; Wiese, A.F.; Jones, O.R.
- Agronomy journal 1977 v.69 no.3 pp. 432
- herbicide residues; picloram; atrazine; trifluralin; groundwater contamination; aquifers; sand; groundwater flow; wells; remediation; Texas
- ... In order to determine movement of farm chemicals that might accidentally contaminate underground water supplies, low concentrations of three herbicides and NaNO3 as a tracer were injected into a sand aquifer through a dual-purpose well. Herbicides used were picloram, atrazine, and trifluralin. Recharge by injection continued for 10 days at an average rate of 81.8 m3/hour. After a 10-day pause, the ...
- Alessi, J.; Power, J.F.; Zimmerman, D.C.
- Agronomy journal 1977 v.69 no.3 pp. 465
- Helianthus annuus; oil crops; seeds; yields; seed oils; chemical concentration; plant cultural practices; water use efficiency; plant density; row spacing; air temperature; precipitation; sowing date; growing season; dryland farming; dry environmental conditions; evapotranspiration; climatic factors; correlation; United States; Great Plains region; North Dakota
- ... Sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) has only recently been grown commercially as an oilseed crop in the drier regions of the Northern Great Plains. This study was conducted to acquire preliminary information on seed yield, oil concentration, and water use for oil-type sunflower as affected by planting date, plant population, and row spacing; and to obtain an indication how these results were affected ...