Jump to Main Content
- Brown, K. W.; Rosenberg, Norman J.
- Agronomy journal 1971 v.63 no.2 pp. 207-213
- Beta vulgaris; advection; aerodynamics; carbon dioxide; cell respiration; dry matter accumulation; energy balance; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; irrigation; photosynthesis; soil; solar radiation; stomatal conductance; sugar beet; wind speed; Great Plains region; Nebraska
- ... The fluxes of latent heat and CO₂ above an irrigated sugar beet (Beta vulgaris) field in the North Platte Valley of Nebraska were calculated by means of the energy balance. The advection of sensible heat to the field was large only when strong dry winds predominated or when the field acted as a leading edge of the irrigated river valley. Little evidence was found of midday depression in sugar beet ...
- Sherrod, L. B.
- Agronomy journal 1971 v.63 no.2 pp. 343-344
- Bassia scoparia; crude fiber; crude protein; dry matter accumulation; flowering; leaves; livestock; maturity stage; minerals; nutritive value
- ... Volunteer, wild stands of kochia (Kochla scoparia (L.) Schrad.) were harvested at three maturity stages to determine dry matter yield and composition and to evaluate kochia as a potential forage for livestock. The plants were in the prebloom stage of growth at the first cutting, mid-bloom at the second, and full bloom at the third cutting. Dry matter yields and crude fiber levels increased and cru ...