Jump to Main Content
- Sieglinger, J.B.
- Agronomy journal 1936 v.28 no.8 pp. 636-642
- Sorghum bicolor; leaves; stems; varieties; variety trials; seasons; heading; Oklahoma
- ... The total number of leaves on the main stalk, including those formed during the seedling stage, averaged 16 to 27 leaves per stalk, in 21 sorghum varieties. There was a range of 5 to 10 leaves in the number on individual stalks within a variety, even when grown from selfed seed. Both season and date of planting influenced the number of leaves of a given variety. The number of leaves and length of ...
- Naftel, J.A.
- Agronomy journal 1936 v.28 no.8 pp. 609-622
- Sorghum bicolor; crop yield; calcium; magnesium; carbonates; liming; calcium carbonate; soil fertility; analytical methods; lime requirement; nitrification; duration; soil pH; exchangeable cations; soil analysis; ammonium sulfate; dolomite; textural soil types
- ... The results of this investigation may be briefly summarized as follows: 1. The calcium carbonate equilibration method of liming soils was found to offer desirable features for a comprehensive study of liming problems. 2. The amount of calcium sorbed from the added calcium carbonate at the point of equilibrium is termed "Ca-sorption value". The sum of the latter value and the native exchangeable Ca ...