Jump to Main Content
- Jorgenson, L.; Brewbaker, H.E.
- Agronomy journal 1927 v.19 no.9 pp. 819-830
- crossing; Zea mays; inbred lines; self-pollination
- ... An investigation has been made of 10 selfed lines of maize within a variety and the F1 hybrids between them. These lines had been selfed from three to four generations but appeared to be relatively homozygous on the basis of a comparison of the selfed and sib-pollinated lines. 2. Both high and low yielders were obtained among the hybrids of each of the selfed lines, but some are distinctly superio ...
- Jones, J.W.
- Agronomy journal 1927 v.19 no.9 pp. 830-839
- crossing; Oryza sativa; variety trials; inheritance (genetics); California
- ... 1. The crosses Butte X Colusa and Colusa X Italian Red were used in the study of the inheritance of awnedness reported in this paper. Butte is a fully awned variety, while Italian Red is partly awned, and Colusa is a variety awnless under all conditions. 2. Awnedness is partially dominant to awnlessness in F1 and the F2 of the Butte X Colusa cross segregated in the phenotypic ratio of nine awned t ...