Jump to Main Content
- Hoffer, G.N.
- Agronomy journal 1926 v.18 no.1 pp. 29-31
- Zea mays; plant nutrition; testing; diphenylamine; sulfuric acid; thiocyanates; iron; potassium; nitrates; chemical constituents of plants; Michigan; Indiana; Kansas; Nebraska; Iowa; Illinois; Ohio
- Kiesselbach, T.A.; Sprague, H.B.
- Agronomy journal 1926 v.18 no.1 pp. 40-60
- Triticum aestivum; plant development; environmental factors; plant morphology; inflorescences; Nebraska
- ... Under Nebraska conditions the fall growth of winter wheat is commonly restricted to crown, basal leaves, and roots. Except in the case of far earlier seeding than is ever practiced under farm conditions, wheat does not joint in the fall. Normally, there is no elongation of culm internodes in the fall, except the lower one which serves to raise the crown when the seed is deeply planted, and there i ...