Jump to Main Content
- Wolfe, T.K.
- Agronomy journal 1923 v.15 no.11 pp. 467-470
- Solanum tuberosum; varieties; high-yielding varieties; variety trials; crop yield; statistical analysis
- ... The results of this investigation indicate that there is apparently no relation between the yield of marketable tubers and the tuber characters of the Green Mountain variety of Irish potatoes which were studied. However, there is a high, positive correlation with the number of tubers produced and a significant negative correlation with the yield of non-marketable tubers. The correlation of the num ...
- Lyon, T.L.; Bizzell, J.A.; Wilson, B.D.
- Agronomy journal 1923 v.15 no.11 pp. 457-467
- Zea mays; Triticum aestivum; plant nutrition; nitrates; soil analysis
- ... Twenty cans two feet deep and 18 inches in diameter were filled with Dunkirk silty clay loam. They were arranged to permit weighing and the maintenance of a definite moisture content. A crop of oats was raised on all the cans to bring the soil to a uniform and low nitrate content. The soil of two cans was then removed in three horizontal layers and nitrates determined to ascertain the nitrate nitr ...