Jump to Main Content
- Whiting, A.L.
- Agronomy journal 1923 v.15 no.7 pp. 277-289
- biological activity in soil; soil chemistry; soil analysis; aluminum
- ... Soluble salts of aluminum have been found by a number of investigators in acid soils which have been treated with soluble salts of other metals. Aluminum in soluble form is found in soils where sulfur is being oxidized. Sulfuric acid and sulfates are present and act on the aluminum. Calcium carbonate has been found by all these investigators to inactivate the toxic aluminum, iron, and manganese wh ...
- Coffman, F.A.
- Agronomy journal 1923 v.15 no.7 pp. 257-270
- crops; seed germination; temperature
- ... In summarizing the results of these experiments it may be stated that: Seeds of different species germinate very differently at different temperatures. Within a given species, starchy seeds appear to be unable to resist low temperatures to the same degree as the more oily seeds, without injury and reducing germination percentages. All of the small grains will germinate at the temperature of meltin ...