Jump to Main Content
- Gericke, W.F.
- Agronomy journal 1922 v.14 no.8 pp. 312-320
- Avena sativa; fertilizer application; nitrogen fertilizers; crop yield; dry matter accumulation; harvest date; planting date; protein content; yield components; application timing; California
- Hayes, H.K.; Barker, H.D.
- Agronomy journal 1922 v.14 no.8 pp. 289-293
- fertilization (reproduction); Phleum pratense; self-pollination; varieties; clones; chlorophyll; fruit set; Minnesota
- ... Self-fertilized clonal lines of timothy differed widely. This was probably due to genetic causes as there was marked correlation between the percentage of seed set under various conditions. Five out of eleven first-year self-fertilized strains gave some albino seedlings in their progeny. ...