Jump to Main Content
- Farrell, F.D.
- Agronomy journal 1914 v.6 no.1 pp. 42-45
- Medicago sativa; crop yield; quantitative analysis; weight; Montana; Nevada
- ... Of the 28 samples taken on 12 different dates at Huntley the average loss in weight was 76.5 percent of the green weight. Of the 30 samples taken on 10 different dates at Fallon, the average loss in weight was exactly the same as at Huntley. The highest loss was 81.6 percent at Fallon and 80.6 percent at Huntley; the lowest at Fallon was 71.7 percent and at Huntley 70.0 percent; the extreme range ...
- Khankhoje, P.
- Agronomy journal 1914 v.6 no.1 pp. 1-23
- plant-water relations; culture media; dry matter accumulation; age; soil water content; temperature; humidity
- ... The problem of the water requirements of crops is very important. The factors which are commonly considered to influence water requirements of crops are many, but the most of them are speculative and but few empirical. The interest in this subject is new and consequently not much investigation has been made. The above-described experiments were carried on with the view of ascertaining more in deta ...