Jump to Main Content
- Jones, J.W.
- Agronomy journal 1927 v.19 no.9 pp. 830-839
- crossing; Oryza sativa; variety trials; inheritance (genetics); California
- ... 1. The crosses Butte X Colusa and Colusa X Italian Red were used in the study of the inheritance of awnedness reported in this paper. Butte is a fully awned variety, while Italian Red is partly awned, and Colusa is a variety awnless under all conditions. 2. Awnedness is partially dominant to awnlessness in F1 and the F2 of the Butte X Colusa cross segregated in the phenotypic ratio of nine awned t ...
- Laude, H.H.; Stansel, R.H.
- Agronomy journal 1927 v.19 no.9 pp. 781-787
- Oryza sativa; variety trials; inflorescences; duration; Texas
- ... In a study of the inflorescence of rice grown on Substation No. 4 of the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station observations were made on 45 panicles, including 7,902 florets and representing six varieties or selections. No blooming occurred before 8:00 a.m. and none after 4:00 p.m. The maximum number bloomed between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. The majority of the rice panicles completed blooming in ...