Jump to Main Content
- Hartwell, B.L.; Damon, S.C.
- Agronomy journal 1927 v.19 no.9 pp. 843-849
- ammonium sulfate; phosphoric acid; liming; potassium fertilizers; crop yield; nitrates
- ... This paper contains the results for 1915 to 1926 of a field comparison, conducted since 1893, of equal amounts of nitrogen in sulfate of ammonia and nitrate of soda accompanied by liberal amounts of phosphorus and potassium. Prior to 1915, each source of nitrogen had been accompanied by an equal amount of lime, and also had been used without lime. Subsequently, extra lime was applied to the more-l ...
- Wessels, P.H.; Hartwell, B.L.
- Agronomy journal 1927 v.19 no.9 pp. 761-780
- Solanum tuberosum; crop yield; nitrogen content; climatic factors
- ... Especially the later varieties of potatoes grown at the Rhode Island Station are about a fourth less valuable for seed than those grown in northern New England. They progressively deteriorate even in spite of tuber-unit selection. The inferiority of the homegrown seed exhibited itself largely by a considerable admixture of inferior plants presumably affected by one or more of the so-called degener ...