Jump to Main Content
- Chapman, Scott C.; Hammer, Graeme L.; Meinke, Holger
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 725-735
- simulation models; Helianthus annuus; plant development; dry environmental conditions; phenology; dry matter accumulation; growth models; crop yield; decision making; prediction
- ... In dryland farming systems, opportunities to improve sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) yields are mostly associated with management decisions made at planting. Dynamic crop simulation models can assist in making such decisions. This study reports the structure of QSUN, a simple and mechanistic crop model for sunflower, and how it accounts for the dynamic interaction of the crop with the soil and ae ...
- Sadras, V. O.; Villalobos, F. J.; Fereres, E.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 564-570
- Helianthus annuus; leaf area; leaves; leaf water potential; soil water content; dry environmental conditions; root systems; irrigated conditions; spring; summer; water stress; Spain
- ... Leaf responses to soil water deficits in controlled environaments may be mediated by nonhydraulic root signals (RS). The aim uf this study was to evaluate in the field the effects of RS and leaf water potential (Ψ¹) on leaf expansion rate (LER) of sunflower (Helianihus annuus L.). Two experiments were performed on a deep sandy-loam soil (Typic Xerofluvent) in a Mediterranean environment under spri ...