Jump to Main Content
- Wiedenhoeft, M. Hagemann
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 549-553
- harvest date; interspecific variation; Brassica rapa subsp. pekinensis; hybrids; sowing date; soil water content; grazing; air temperature; dry matter accumulation; regrowth; forage; crop yield; Brassica napus; Brassica rapa subsp. oleifera; cold; Maine
- ... Brassica crops have potential use as a forage during summer, fall, and early winter months. The influence of planting date and harvest date on the initial and regrowth herbage yields for three Brassica species: rape (B. napus L., ‘Winfred’ in 1987 and ‘Emerald’ in 1988 and 1989), turnip (B. rapa L., ‘Purple Top’), and a turnip hybrid (B. rapa × B. pekinensis L., ‘Tyfon’) were investigated. The spe ...
- Reddy, K. R.; Hodges, H. F.; McKinion, J. M.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 681-686
- Gossypium barbadense; phenology; heat sums; air temperature; leaves; dry matter accumulation
- ... Temperature is a primary environmental factor affecting cotton growth. Information on temperature effects on Pima cotton (Gossypium barbadense L.) growth is limited. The objective of this paper is to provide quantitative estimates of temperature effects on leaf emergence rates, the duration of leaf expansion, and rate of expansion. Pima cotton plants were grown from seed in naturally lit controlle ...