Jump to Main Content
- Scott C. Chapman; Graeme L. Hammer; Holger Meinke
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 725-735
- simulation models; Helianthus annuus; plant development; dry environmental conditions; phenology; dry matter accumulation; growth models; crop yield; decision making; prediction
- ... In dryland farming systems, opportunities to improve sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) yields are mostly associated with management decisions made at planting. Dynamic crop simulation models can assist in making such decisions. This study reports the structure of QSUN, a simple and mechanistic crop model for sunflower, and how it accounts for the dynamic interaction of the crop with the soil and ae ...
- Holger Meinke; Graeme L. Hammer; Scott C. Chapman
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 735-742
- simulation models; Helianthus annuus; sowing date; tropics; subtropics; growth models; crop yield; seasonal variation; climatic factors; decision making; prediction; Queensland
- ... In highly variable environments, farmers require quantitative information on production risk to make well informed farming decisions. In many cases this can only be achieved through simulation studies. Thus, the dynamic sunflower (Helianthus annuus L) model QSUN was used, in conjunction with long-term climate records, to quantify the impact of climatic variability on production. Simulation results ...