Jump to Main Content
- Heitholt, James J.; Pettigrew, William T.; Meredith, William R.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 590-594
- isogenic lines; lint cotton; seeds; Gossypium hirsutum; row spacing; early development; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; plant morphology; genotype; fiber quality; bolls; leaves; vegetative growth; Mississippi
- ... Row spacing has the potential to affect agronomic traits of upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Although narrow-rows can pose numerous management challenges (e.g., cultivation and harvesting), the benefits of narrow-rows may justify their use. Unfortunately, the extent and consistency of cotton's response to narrow-rows is variable, which makes management decisions more difficult. The objective ...
- Kimball, B. A.; Mauney, J. R.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 706
- Gossypium hirsutum; dry environmental conditions; nitrogen fertilizers; crop yield; harvest index; lint cotton; seeds; dry matter accumulation; water stress; irrigated conditions; source-sink relationships; photosynthesis; carbon dioxide; root shoot ratio; Arizona
- ... The CO concentration of the atmosphere is increasing and is expected to double sometime near the middle of the next century. To determine the effects of such a CO increase on cotton (L.) growth and productivity, a series of experiments from 1983 through 1987 were conducted with open-top CO-enriched field chambers at ample as well as limiting levels of water and N at Phoenix, AZ. Comparisons with o ...