Jump to Main Content
- Chapman, Scott C.; Hammer, Graeme L.; Meinke, Holger
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 725-735
- simulation models; Helianthus annuus; plant development; dry environmental conditions; phenology; dry matter accumulation; growth models; crop yield; decision making; prediction
- ... In dryland farming systems, opportunities to improve sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) yields are mostly associated with management decisions made at planting. Dynamic crop simulation models can assist in making such decisions. This study reports the structure of QSUN, a simple and mechanistic crop model for sunflower, and how it accounts for the dynamic interaction of the crop with the soil and ae ...
- Kimball, B. A.; Mauney, J. R.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 706
- Gossypium hirsutum; dry environmental conditions; nitrogen fertilizers; crop yield; harvest index; lint cotton; seeds; dry matter accumulation; water stress; irrigated conditions; source-sink relationships; photosynthesis; carbon dioxide; root shoot ratio; Arizona
- ... The CO concentration of the atmosphere is increasing and is expected to double sometime near the middle of the next century. To determine the effects of such a CO increase on cotton (L.) growth and productivity, a series of experiments from 1983 through 1987 were conducted with open-top CO-enriched field chambers at ample as well as limiting levels of water and N at Phoenix, AZ. Comparisons with o ...