Jump to Main Content
- Heitholt, James J.; Pettigrew, William T.; Meredith, William R.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 590-594
- isogenic lines; lint cotton; seeds; Gossypium hirsutum; row spacing; early development; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; plant morphology; genotype; fiber quality; bolls; leaves; vegetative growth; Mississippi
- ... Row spacing has the potential to affect agronomic traits of upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Although narrow-rows can pose numerous management challenges (e.g., cultivation and harvesting), the benefits of narrow-rows may justify their use. Unfortunately, the extent and consistency of cotton's response to narrow-rows is variable, which makes management decisions more difficult. The objective ...
- Peterson, Robert K. D.; Danielson, Stephen D.; Higley, Leon G.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 595-601
- Medicago sativa; Hypera postica; crop damage; defoliation; regrowth; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; leaves; stems; economic threshold; Nebraska
- ... Although the alfalfa weevil Hypera postica (Gyilenhal)] is an important alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) pest, relatively little is known about how defoliation at specific plant developmental stages affects yield. This study was conducted to characterize yield responses of alfalfa to simulated alfalfa weevil injury when injury was initiated at the early bud stage of the first growth cycle and to devel ...