Jump to Main Content
- Wiedenhoeft, M. Hagemann
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 549-553
- harvest date; interspecific variation; Brassica rapa subsp. pekinensis; hybrids; sowing date; soil water content; grazing; air temperature; dry matter accumulation; regrowth; forage; crop yield; Brassica napus; Brassica rapa subsp. oleifera; cold; Maine
- ... Brassica crops have potential use as a forage during summer, fall, and early winter months. The influence of planting date and harvest date on the initial and regrowth herbage yields for three Brassica species: rape (B. napus L., ‘Winfred’ in 1987 and ‘Emerald’ in 1988 and 1989), turnip (B. rapa L., ‘Purple Top’), and a turnip hybrid (B. rapa × B. pekinensis L., ‘Tyfon’) were investigated. The spe ...
- Peterson, Robert K. D.; Danielson, Stephen D.; Higley, Leon G.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 595-601
- Medicago sativa; Hypera postica; crop damage; defoliation; regrowth; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; leaves; stems; economic threshold; Nebraska
- ... Although the alfalfa weevil Hypera postica (Gyilenhal)] is an important alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) pest, relatively little is known about how defoliation at specific plant developmental stages affects yield. This study was conducted to characterize yield responses of alfalfa to simulated alfalfa weevil injury when injury was initiated at the early bud stage of the first growth cycle and to devel ...