Jump to Main Content
- R. P. Clark; D. G. Lugg
- Agronomy journal 1986 v.78 no.2 pp. 235-239
- Panicum coloratum; forage; yields; irrigation scheduling; harvesting; water stress; fertilizers; soil water content; pastures; New Mexico
- ... Kleingrass (Panicum coloratum L.) is a promising forage species for irrigated areas in the southwestern USA. However, the effect of different irrigation regimes on dry forage yield and forage quality has not yet been extensively investigated under field conditions. Accordingly, ‘Kleingrass-75’ kleingrass was irrigated at intervals of 2, 3, and 5 weeks during the 1981 and 1982 growing seasons near ...
- A. R. Overman; M. A. Sanderson; R. M. Jones
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 541-545
- interspecific variation; cultivars; mathematical models; forage crops; Panicum coloratum; application rate; soil water content; Cynodon dactylon; arid zones; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; rain; growth models; Eragrostis curvula; Cenchrus ciliaris; nitrogen fertilizers; Texas
- ... Models provide a quantitative means to evaluate yield response of forage grasses to applied N and water availability. The objective of this analysis was to estimate model parameters (A, b, c) for bermu. dagrasses and bunchgrasses grown at the same location and during the same time period. The logistic equation was used to relate annual dry matter production to applied N for three bermudagrasses [C ...